Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mother of the Year and Best Wife Ever Moments

Today feels like a Monday.  I have had several mother of the year moments already today, and it's not even noon yet.  The baby and I went to my parents house for two days to visit with my aunt and uncle in from out west.  We had a lot of fun but it was definitely like being on vacation.  My brain checked out.  It has yet to check back in.  Today is our wedding anniversary, and I did buy my husband a card.  I can't find it, but I definitely bought one.  On Friday.  So it's not like I've had a long time to misplace it.  I know I stashed it somewhere so that he wouldn't see it.  But I can't remember where! In the spirit of full disclosure, I will say that I could hide my own Easter eggs...I hide things "in a safe place", never to be seen again.  So safe, I can't even find them.  Over time, I've developed a couple good spots and consistently use them, that way I know where to check when I can't find stashed items.  Sadly, when I'm in a hurry, sometimes I veer off course on this practice.  That seems to be what I did with the anniversary card.  Maybe I'll find it in time to give it to him next year.  Sigh.  Now I have to find a few minutes to sneak out and grab another card before I go home. 

My lucky streak continued when I arrived at daycare to drop my daughter off.  It's picture day.  I knew two weeks ago that today was picture day.  But I completely spaced.  Fortunately, I didn't dress her in the well worn hand me down play clothes that I had originally planned for today.  I noticed that the sleeves were a little short, so I ditched those clothes and grabbed the next closest outfit, which was actually a new outfit.  Thank goodness!  Her hair is getting long, and needs a trim.  It looks really cute in pigtails, which she has let me put in exactly one time.  It is superfine, so without pigtails or barrettes (which she loves to play with but refuses to wear), it gets messy looking very quickly.  Of course she had untameable bedhead this morning that will require a bath to correct, which we did not have time for this morning.  Walked into the classroom, saw all the other kids dressed nice and with super cute clothes and hair styles.  Had to confess that I completely forgot.  Ugh.  The teachers were very kind about it, but were definitely looking at me funny.  Oh well.  One thing is for sure, this won't be the last time this happens.  I have frequent mother of the year moments.  Hopefully my brain will start to function again before the end of the day.  If not, I'm in trouble, this is going to be a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment