Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Avoiding Juice Box Floods and Teddy Graham Attacks

It's funny, before I was a parent, there were products that seemed completely ridiculous and like a waste of money.  Now that I have a super active toddler, I'm rethinking my stance on some of these.  Don't get me wrong, there are some that I still think are a total waste of money, like cart and high chair covers...don't get me wrong, I do wish I had come up with it first, as I see these everywhere.  Whoever came up with them is likely very well off financially.  But I won't be purchasing one, partly because I need one more thing to carry in my diaper bag like I need a hole in my head.  The other reason is that I am not germaphobic at all.  I can hit the cart with a baby wipe or cart wipe if I feel like it needs it, and I truly believe that germs cannot live long enough on hard plastic and metal to make my kid really sick.  Some of the things I thought were good ideas but not worth spending money have turned out to be some of my favorite travel items.  We spend a fair amount of time in the car...to and from daycare and other local outings and also one to two hour rides to visit family on a fairly regular basis.  So we have to have at least two Munchkin snack cups and Dwink juice box holders - one for each car.  In reality this means we have more, because they come inside to ride through the dishwasher and sometimes to be used in the house. We limit food to the kitchen for the most part, so the snack cups are not essential for in the house, but are a life saver in the car.  They get used pretty much every single day either for cereal on the way to daycare or animal crackers or Teddy Grahams or similar as an after school snack.  Juice boxes tend to be an away from home thing too, since we use cups at home...and juice is more of a treat than a regular thing.  I also like to water it down since I think it is too sweet undiluted, and so I like the little Fruitables juice boxes that combine fruit and vegetable juices.  These are 66% juice, but looking at the ingredients, it appears that this is because of the addition of filtered water, so I believe they are watering them down for me.  If I am wrong about this, please correct me, as I would like to know if I am missing something here.  Anyway, these are only 4 oz, so I was concerned that they wouldn't fit in a juice box holder.  The Dwink is perfect though, because you just turn the little Fruitables boxes sideways and pop it right in and it holds it firmly.  I am not a fan of having a juice fountain spraying all over when out in public (or in the backseat of my car), so I love this product. 

Now I just need to find the best sippy cup...though I am starting to think we own every sippy ever made.  Some day I'll find it.  Probably the day before my daughter stops using sippy cups altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment