Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Job Interview Frustration

I'm ready to be on vacation again.  Seriously.  I enjoy working, but there are so many things I would be able to keep on top of at home if I could find the right part time position...or if I won the lottery...of course, to win, one must play.

I'm feeling very frustrated.  I had an interview for a full time position within my current company today.  It falls within my area of expertise.  Unfortunately, there is also a candidate who is already working within the department, and she is a strong candidate for the job.  I wish there were some way that they could indicate when there is already a front runner for the job, so I could save myself the trouble.  Don't get me wrong, the interviewer was very nice...but I view it as a bad sign when she repeatedly says, "What about a job in _____?  That seems like it would be a great fit for your skill set."

I recently received an email link to a job posting that is perfect for me...three states away.  This is turning out to be the story of my career lately.  I know it is partially because my standards are high in some areas.  I am not willing to relocate.  I would really like to stay with my company.  It has to pay at least a certain amount and be within a reasonable commute from my home.  But these have always been my standards, and somehow I have always had the right opportunity come up eventually.  And some of them have come up in horrible economic times, so I am unwilling to accept that as a justification.  I have been looking for a LONG time now, and nothing is working out.  I'm out of ideas.  Help!

Thanks for letting me vent.  I'm seriously considering buying a few lottery tickets on my way home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment