Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm All A - Twitter - About Finding a Profile Pic

I've been on Twitter for a few weeks now, and I love it.  So many interesting people and great links, I have to find time to talk to them and read them all.  It's expanded my horizons in a big way.  The downside is that I really believe I'm letting my vanity impede my full entry into the Twitterverse...I can't find a picture of myself that I like enough to add to my profile as my avatar.  Thus, I have been operating with the dreaded egghead for way too long!  It is pretty clear that people don't trust you if you don't have a photo.  And I can understand it, I'm usually the same way.  I just never thought it would be so hard to come up with one.  It was only after I started trying to find a profile pic that I realized that I haven't been photographed alone in several years.  All my photos are focused on my daughter, I tend to be looking at her or I'm making a really goofy face, caught unprepared.  Also, I'm generally the one behind the camera taking the pictures, so I'm not in many at all. This is something that I need to work on, as I really don't want my daughter to grow up and wonder why I'm not in any photos from her childhood.  I'm sure I am not the only one in this boat, though I would feel much better about this if others would chime in and confirm it!  I know I need to just take a picture and get it up there, but I also want to put my best foot forward.  So I keep telling myself I'll do it after I get my hair colored and cut.  Or that I need to do it on a day when I'm wearing makeup - I almost never wear makeup even though I am at the point where I really need to.  Red blotchiness is not pretty!  And it certainly doesn't photograph well.  As you can imagine, the excuses go on and on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment