Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Confessions of an Amazon.com Addict

It's true.  I'm addicted.  I liked Amazon.com a lot before I became a mom, but now I am truly hooked.  It is the greatest thing ever to be able to buy things I need and have them delivered to my front porch two days later via Amazon Prime.  My three favorite things about Amazon.com:
  1. Amazon Prime - two day shipping has to be the greatest thing ever. (This one has a fee, but is totally worth it) 
  2. Amazon Mom - the more qualified purchases you make, the more free Amazon Prime you get. Search Amazon.com for amazon mom
  3. Subscribe & Save - I am not the most organized person in the world, but being able to set this up on the items that my family uses all the time and need restocked in predictable intervals (like diapers, wipes, organic babyfood) Search Amazon.com for diapers plus saving extra on those items is fabulous.  I must admit that I did like it better when these items got Prime shipping, but being able to schedule them makes it easy to plan ahead for shipping time.
A note:  These programs all have specific terms and conditions that you must read on Amazon.com before you sign up.  I am merely telling you what I love, I'm not responsible for what happens if you don't read the details!

Recently having done the whole baby registry/shower thing, I wish I had skipped the big box baby store registry and just registered on Amazon.  A lot of the bigger baby items are a LOT cheaper on Amazon and you can put stuff on the registry from any website online.  So you can have one registry and save your family and friends some bucks in the process.

I could go on and on and on...am I the only one?  Sometimes I feel like I 'm the only one.  My friends and family tell me about these great deals they got on other sites or at warehouse stores, but they don't come close to what I've saved.  I try to tell them, but they either blow me off or aren't willing to buy these things online.  I find this puzzling.  I get great deals and the stuff shows up on my front porch like magic.  As a full time working mom, I love that!!

I'm always open to new ways to save and/or gain convenience.  Tell me what you do to save money or make your life easier - I'm always open to ideas that will save me time or money!

No comments:

Post a Comment