Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little friends

I love picking my daughter up from daycare.  When I pick her up, I like to sneak in and watch her for a minute until she sees me standing there.  Her little face lights up with a big smile and she runs right over to me.  Of course, she is all business then, so she grabs my hand and drags me over to get her paper (daily report) and then out the door.  Good-byes are not her strong suit.  Then again, neither are hellos.  She has a pretty good vocabulary and she knows hello and bye bye, but she very rarely uses either one.  When I drop her off in the morning, she either snuggles up to me and plays shy - which is totally an act! - or she just dives right in and starts playing with her friends.  Her circle of friends is growing, but the original buddies are still her favorites.  Watching them greet each other is so cute, they are such a sweet little group.  When I drop off or pick up, I get high fives, books brought to me for reading, games of catch initiated, and big smiles and hugs.  I love that!  And I know my daughter does the same with the other moms she has known for a long time.  I sometimes wish that I could spend all day at the daycare with my daughter.  I would love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment