Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Small smiles

It really is the little things that make me smile.  I've been trying to get my daughter to wear her little sunglasses for ages and she wouldn't do it.  Now, all of a sudden, she loves them and won't take them off!  If the sun is in her face when she's in her car seat, she very dramatically turns her head, shields her eyes and says, "Gases, Mommy, gases"  She wants her sunglasses.  So I've started stashing them in strategic locations so that we have them when she wants them...a pair in each car and one in the diaper bag.  The other day, I had a pair ready to go when she asked for them.  I figured it would be the usual wear them for two minutes, then pull them off and toss 'em across the backseat.  She surprised me by wearing them the whole ride, into daycare, and wouldn't let me take them off her once we were inside and I was getting ready to leave.  I later learned that she wore them all morning, right through lunch and only took them off because it was nap time!  My little movie star.  This goes on the list of things I want to remember as she gets older, so that I can remember how cute she was way back when.  It's right up there with how she takes my face in both her hands if she thinks I'm not paying close enough attention to her.  She gazes very seriously into my eyes and repeats whatever she just said, ranging from requests for treats to bossing me around.  "Choc??" "Sit down Mommy"  So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment