Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11/01

In many ways, 10 years has gone by in the blink of an eye.  However, when I think about that day, it's as though I am reliving it.  I know that is true for many of us.  What I remember most is not being afraid of what might happen to me, though I knew that there was real danger to us all and a terrible fear of the unknown.  I was terrified for the loved ones I was unable to contact - my husband, FDNY & volunteer firefighters, EMTs, a pilot for United who flew out of Newark.  I don't live far from the city, and will never forget how our world changed that day.  I will always remember the response from the rest of the country in the days that followed.  Today I give thanks for my family and friends, I am blessed to have them.  I also give thanks for the heroes who saved so many lives.  My heart goes out to all who lost a loved one as a result of the attacks on 9/11.  I think of you often, and will never forget your sacrifice.  May you find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment